File Information

GoldWave general discussions and community help
good_weather

File Information

Post by good_weather »

I add the file information (such as the artist) when I create a sound file in Goldwave. However when I play the sound file in windows media player, I can only see the file name but not this information. Can I see the file information when I play it?
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

You should be able to see the tags listed in the media player. Did you make sure you saved the file AFTER you inserted the information? If you don't save the file once you edit the file information, they will not be saved.

Sarge
good_weather

Post by good_weather »

Many thanks for your help.
I think the file info is saved as I tried to close and re-open the file again in Goldwave and can still see the file info.
I use Chinese windows and so the menu of the windows media player is in Chinese. I'm not sure where are the "tags".
Do tags means the upper menu? The first tag is "play", the 4th tag is "brun CD" and etc?
I can only see the file name when I click the upper menu "play". I still cannot see the file info.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

good_weather wrote:Chinese. I'm not sure where are the "tags".
Tags are what I was referring to was the "artist", "album", "title", "year", "genre", etc. All those can be found under the "Information" button (File | Information) in GoldWave. Since you saved the info, and they still appear when you go back to look at them in GoldWave, I assume that isn't your problem. Maybe it has to do with the compatibility with the Chinese Windows you are using? Maybe someone else here can provide you with a little more help.

Sarge
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: File Information

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

What file type are you using? If you are using Wave, try using MP3 or WMA.

Chris
good_weather

Post by good_weather »

Many thanks for both of your help!
I was using Wave files and cannot see the info. Now I change it into MP3 and WMA, I can see the info, many thanks!
Besides, now I can only see Artist, Title and Album in windows media player. However in Goldwave, I can also input other info such as genre, track number and description. Can I also see these info when I play the files? Thanks!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

It depends on the playback software. The ones you mentioned are widely supported, but the other items usually are not shown unless you view the file's properties within the software.

Chris
good_weather

Post by good_weather »

I just viewed the file properties and find two more information - genre and copyright. Many thanks!