Simple visual feature request (grid)

GoldWave general discussions and community help
aftermath

Simple visual feature request (grid)

Post by aftermath »

It would be great if it would be possible to set a different grid color for the selected and non-selected area. I imagine it wouldn't be extremely hard to add this feature and it would make a world of difference for me (I tend to use a subtle grid color, but whatever I choose it always sticks out too much either in the selected or non-selected area).
aftermath

Post by aftermath »

Any chance that this will happen?
Blandine Catastrophe

Post by Blandine Catastrophe »

In my 5.12 version, I did actually change the colours :
Options -> Colours
Gloup? :-°
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Blandine,

What aftermath is reffering to (I believe) is to add another option to the color menu and be able to change the color of the grid that is NOT SELECTED. Right now the grid is grey (default) all the way thru the whole selection whether it is selected or not. I was going to post the same thing as you did earlier, but then I realized he knew how to change the colors, and then I read a little closer about the grid, which he is referring to.

Sarge
aftermath

Post by aftermath »

Sarge wrote:Blandine,

What aftermath is reffering to (I believe) is to add another option to the color menu and be able to change the color of the grid that is NOT SELECTED. Right now the grid is grey (default) all the way thru the whole selection whether it is selected or not. I was going to post the same thing as you did earlier, but then I realized he knew how to change the colors, and then I read a little closer about the grid, which he is referring to.

Sarge
Yes, that is indeed exactly what I meant.
piano nick

Post by piano nick »

I have been able to "tone down" the grid by selecting the upper right grey from the "custom colours". The grey at the lower left of "custom colours" was too bright.

I tried other colours but they were too bright or not visible.

Personally haven't found the need to have different colours for selected and non-selected areas. But keep in mind that this is personal and it works for me.

PN