Converting...

GoldWave general discussions and community help
vint

Converting...

Post by vint »

How do i convert an '.mp3' file to a '.wav' file?

-Vint
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Go File | Save As and at the bottom of the Save As window you should see "Save as type". Click on the box next to it and it will contain a list of file names. Choose .wav for the file, and that should work. Hope that helps.

Sarge
vint

Post by vint »

I should have made it clearer, sorry.

How do i change an mp3 file to a wav file when i cant use a mp3 file in Goldwave in the first place? Do you know of any other media players or programs that have a save as option?

-Vint
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

vint wrote:I should have made it clearer, sorry.

How do i change an mp3 file to a wav file when i cant use a mp3 file in Goldwave in the first place? Do you know of any other media players or programs that have a save as option?

-Vint

You say you can't use a mp3 file in the first place....Do you have the Lame Encoder installed? If not, go download it here:

http://goldwave.ca/release.php

Scroll down the page and look for "Optional Downloads".

Sarge
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

To open MP3 files in GoldWave, a recent version of Windows Media Player must be installed. Also make sure you can play the file in Windows Media Player. If you still see a "File Format" window when you try to open an MP3 file, please mention what version of GoldWave and Windows you are using. Old versions of GoldWave do not support MP3 files at all.

LAME is used only when saving files in MP3 format, so it would not be needed if you are converting from MP3 to WAV.

Chris
vint

Post by vint »

I got what i needed to work. Thank you for your help!

-Vint
Perticelli

Post by Perticelli »

when i changed computers, i brought my GW over but now it doesnt have the Lame mp3 converter in it for some reason. So i went and downlaoded it and now it is a separate function. How can i install it within GW so i can save in MP3 again?
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Perticelli wrote:How can i install it within GW so i can save in MP3 again?
I'm not sure on what you did when you downloaded it again, but all you need is the LAME_ENC.DLL file in your GoldWave directory. It won't work with the just the LAME program installed. Just make sure that file is copied into the GoldWave directory.

Sarge
Perticelli

Post by Perticelli »

thx!

all i did was put the goldwave into my memory stick and move it to my new comp. When i did, i had to reinstall the number i got when i bought it..but the mp3 converter didnt make it..
so now i need to put the dll into the gw dir.

sounds good.