Mechanize and resonance.

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Merlock

Mechanize and resonance.

Post by Merlock »

When using the Mechanize function with the "Star Wars droid high" preset after recording some voice input, the resulting voice technically gains the needed tone and other properties but some sort of resonance, side effects or whatever it may be called ruins the result.

Being new to sound editing in general and not having much knowledge in the area I decided to ask here whether there is a way to solve this problem.

Currently, that very preset (Star Wars droid high) is what I've been looking to make through other sound editors, even Sound Forge. But since I don't have much experience in the matter, I haven't been able to do so.
However, having downloaded and installed the newest version of GoldWave I saw this set to a preset, which really quite excited me.

However, the fact that I don't know how to make the result of the mechanization with that preset flawless and rid it of all defects, has brought me here to ask whether anything can be done about it and in what way.

Any help and input would be appreciated.
Merlock

Post by Merlock »

I'd also like to note that I've used GoldWave before quite a while ago when it was several versions younger but then stepped away from sound editing and all that I was doing in unison with it all together for certain reasons.

However, I'm seriously considering purchasing GoldWave since it seems to be a really quality app in all aspects uniting within itself simplicity of use, great abilities and many possibilities.

Good work, GoldWave devs. :twisted:
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Mechanize and resonance.

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Try the "Sine" mechanize modulator instead of the "Triangle" one. Also try using the Equalizer filter or the Bandpass/stop filter to remove some of the harmonics.

The "Robot" presets under the Flanger effect may be worth a try.

Chris
Perticelli

Post by Perticelli »

i love GW and i purchased it. The price is quite the bargain.

I have foiund that you can manipulate the presets as they usually show the varuious settings when you preview it. You can change those settings as u like.
I havent really learned how to use many of the features though..im wondering if htere's a manual that explains any of it?.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Perticelli wrote:I havent really learned how to use many of the features though..im wondering if htere's a manual that explains any of it?.
The manual and help file that are included in the download are very detailed in what each and every effect does (at least to me, and I'm not very advanced)... To access the manuals go to Help | Manual, or press F1 to access the contents.

Also, if you have just registered GoldWave (great decision BTW, worth every penny :wink: ), make sure to download the manual which will also include the pictures: http://www.goldwave.ca/dl.php.

Sarge
[/b]
Perticelli

Post by Perticelli »

thx 8)