"New" sound time length

GoldWave general discussions and community help
9thPaladin

"New" sound time length

Post by 9thPaladin »

Hey Everyone,

In the last version of goldwave I was able record new sounds, but unfortunately the length of the new file only lasted for one minute before ending.
In the latest version of goldwave, I was wondering if there was a way to accomplish the above without having to stop every minute and create another new file and then paste them all together. What I'm looking for is a way to record a new file in one shot.

Thanx,
9thP
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

When you click "new", a window will pop up which will allow you to specify the length of time you want to set to record, as well as the number of channels, and sampling rate.

If you are really unsure how long you want to record, just right click on the red record button, and click "Unbounded". This will make the length of the file continue on recording even if it goes past its default setting (in your case, 1 minute). Hope that helps.

Sarge
9thPaladin

Thanx

Post by 9thPaladin »

Hey Sarge,

Thanx for the input, hit me at my e-mail, I used to be in the service back in the late 80's - early 90's and I'd be interested to know if our paths might have crossed.

9thP
Sarge

Re: Thanx

Post by Sarge »

9thPaladin wrote: I used to be in the service back in the late 80's - early 90's and I'd be interested to know if our paths might have crossed.

9thP
No, I haven't been in the service, although my dad was in the Air Force for 22 years (retired Senior Master Sargeant). The name Sarge actually goes way back to the bulletin board (BBS), and my dad's name at the time on there was "Sarge". Guess it just stuck with me on this forum. :wink:

I'm still a student at 23 years, finishing up my Bachelors Degree.

Sarge