Love the program...Silly no0b question..:)

GoldWave general discussions and community help
KoGar

Love the program...Silly no0b question..:)

Post by KoGar »

After trying about 4 different voice recording programs, I decided Goldwave would be my software of choice. I love the amazing abilities, and the ease of use of Goldwave. I will use it for voice recording (I do a lot of voices for commercial, and non-commercial recordings), and GW has everything I could ask for.

Here is my No0b question:
How do I increase the size of the Toolbar buttons?
Are the sizes controlled by "Windows Desktop" settings, or are they located elsewhere? (I keep my DT at 1600x1200)
I have searched the forums, looked through the manual, and have had no luck in finding the answer. Any help would be apreciated..:)
piano nick

Post by piano nick »

KoGar:

I'm not aware that the toolbar buttons can be re-sized - I wish they could be.

PN
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There is no way to change the size of the tool bar buttons yet.

Chris
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

I have never even considered the size of the buttons on the toolbar, so obviously it never occurred to me that changing the size would be of any benefit. So - just because I am curious - why would anyone want to do that?
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

donrandall wrote:why would anyone want to do that?

When you have your screen resolution set higher, the size of the buttons on the toolbar will appear smaller, maybe making them a little hard for him to read and/or access with the mouse since he has his resolution set at 1600x1200. That's just my guess.

Sarge
piano nick

Post by piano nick »

I'm running 1280 x 1024 on a 19" LCD - I'd like to make them bigger.

PN
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Well, how about that? I never knew ya could adjust screen resolution. There's another thing I learned today.

What happens when ya adjust screen resolution, why would ya need to and how do ya do it?
piano nick

Post by piano nick »

Don:

With an up-graded video card and good monitor, I believe the definition can be improved. But as noted, icons shrink in size.

Start / Control Panel / Display / Settings.

There is also an "Advanced" tab where further adjustments can be made but I've never gone there. I should experiment more (like the advice we gave yesterday).

PN
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Thanks Nick - I probably won't experiment with screen resolution. Since I am not having any problems, I think it best to just not try to fix what ain't broke!
Jossse

Re: Love the program...Silly no0b question..:)

Post by Jossse »

KoGar wrote:After trying about 4 different voice recording programs, I decided Goldwave would be my software of choice. I love the amazing abilities, and the ease of use of Goldwave. I will use it for voice recording (I do a lot of voices for commercial, and non-commercial recordings), and GW has everything I could ask for.

Here is my No0b question:
How do I increase the size of the Toolbar buttons?
Are the sizes controlled by "Windows Desktop" settings, or are they located elsewhere? (I keep my DT at 1600x1200)
I have searched the forums, looked through the manual, and have had no luck in finding the answer. Any help would be apreciated..:)
that's bad... high resolutions need increase some sizes... but changing the size is not so useful :D
try changing the appereance properties from ur xp :D