Window focus interferes with zooming

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Waccoon

Window focus interferes with zooming

Post by Waccoon »

I figured this goes into the general discussion forum...

Goldwave rocks. I *love* that I'm able to use my scroll wheel to zoom into audio samples. It makes tedious cut-and-paste work a real breeze, and it shocks me that other audio programs don't allow this!

However, every time I click "play" to test a loop, the focus moves from the current sample to the control panel, and my mouse wheel is no longer able to zoom in and out of the sample, so I have to click in the sample window to get my mousewheel working again. Moving back and forth all the time gets tiring.

Is there any possibility that future versions of GoldWave could have events with global focus? That would really make my day.
Sarge

Re: Window focus interferes with zooming

Post by Sarge »

Waccoon wrote:However, every time I click "play" to test a loop, the focus moves from the current sample to the control panel, and my mouse wheel is no longer able to zoom in and out of the sample, so I have to click in the sample window to get my mousewheel working again. Moving back and forth all the time gets tiring.
Instead of clicking play with the mouse button, just hit the space bar to "play" the selection, that way it won't bring up the control panel window. Yes, I know that kind of defeats the purpose of your request, but at least it eliminates the click back to the waveform window.

Sarge
Waccoon

Post by Waccoon »

Oh, cool! Duh. I should bang around on my keyboard more often.

Thanks!