Modifying Brown Noise in Expression Eval

GoldWave general discussions and community help
edwinn

Modifying Brown Noise in Expression Eval

Post by edwinn »

Greetings.. would like to generate a Brown Noise wav file to simulate the WIND noise of air rushing around the cockpit glass and sidewalls of an airliner. Please suggest some expression mods (to the default) so that clipping does not occur as in the default expression. The spectrum is about right however there are many slight peak clips. Other tips for contour also appreciated.

Thanks.

edwinn
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Modifying Brown Noise in Expression Eval

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Try using the expression "(wave1(n-1)+rand(0.3)-0.15)*0.94" instead. You can use the Equalizer and other filters to adjust the frequency curve.

Chris
edwinn

Post by edwinn »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Try using the expression "(wave1(n-1)+rand(0.3)-0.15)*0.94" instead. You can use the Equalizer and other filters to adjust the frequency curve.

Chris
Thanks for the function.. have already make a cockpit wind-rush sound and applied EQLZR and PARAM functions. It's just about right!! Ever consider making a forum for custom `Expressions?´ Are there any expression libraries or downloads? This is a GREAT feature.

-edwinn
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

A similar topic about posting expressions came up before, but it is not a widely used feature.

Chris
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Edwinn,

I looked for a library/catalog last year when I was using the expresion evaluator a lot. I came aross the following website, which was the only one I found (doing a quick search), but I'm sure theres others out there. I don't know if the ones listed would be of much use to you, but none the less fun just to experiment with, or modify.

http://216.149.58.54/resources/sampling ... thesis.htm

Sarge