how to change the server for get song's title?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
apollo

how to change the server for get song's title?

Post by apollo »

I can't get CD song's title from server "freedb.freedb.org/~cddb/cddb.cgi".
But I can get it when I play the song with mediaplayer.
So,who can tell me how to change the server to the mediaplayer's server :?: ?
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Not sure what may be causing the problem, but I think you can change the server by going to Tool | CD Reader | click on the Options tab, and under CD Database Options, there should be a box for changing the server. Hope that helps.

Sarge

Edit: Sorry, I don't know the server address, if thats exactly what you were looking for. But now that I think about what I wrote above you probably already knew that, since thats where you got the address from, right? :)
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: how to change the server for get song's title?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You cannot use the same server as Media Player, but you can try one of the freedb mirrors. If those do not work, you may need to set a proxy server.

Chris
apollo

Re: how to change the server for get song's title?

Post by apollo »

The program can connect to the freedb server, but it can't find the CD songs' title.
It mean the database does not include this CD's information.
But the media player can find it.
My Question is -are there any other servers I can change?
GoldWave Inc. wrote:You cannot use the same server as Media Player, but you can try one of the freedb mirrors. If those do not work, you may need to set a proxy server.

Chris
Blandine Catastrophe

Post by Blandine Catastrophe »

It is common that a database have not a CD listed. The Cd's are listed depending of the infos sent by the users. If a CD is missing, it means that nobody before sent them. The logical way to act is to fill them with exactitude and submit in sort that they can be taken in account for next users. These infos will also be available for you later without to need to fill them again.
The principle is a sharing of the infos, what means that only users send missing infos. More precise and accurate is what you send, more it has chances to be taken in account (there is a apparently a quick verification of what is submitted by moderators).
Gloup? :-°