Auto Save feature for bounded recordings?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
JohnM

Auto Save feature for bounded recordings?

Post by JohnM »

Hi to all from Auckland New Zealand, where a wet winter is in progress. NZ is a clean green country, principally as it gets washed a lot -

I record Real Player streams from internet radio. BBC Radio 4 and Radio 7 mainly. I leave the computer running overnight. Just before I go to bed I start a bounded session, say 1 hour 40 mins, recording a radio programme.

Periodically. Windows XP will install an update and then reboot after a period of inactivity; or something else (seemingly benign) happens to reboot my PC. I then lose the entire temporary recorded file.

Is there an existing feature (I can't find one) that, once a bounded session has run its time, saves that sound recording as, say, a WAV file? This would be very useful in that I don't have to redo the whole process, merely load the saved file, trim it to size, and convert to 64bps MP3.

Hope this makes sense! I've used Goldwave for a number of years now, having moved from Audacity. I listen to a lot of radio at the gym or when running - I once was nearly in trouble for bursting out laughing at the gym when a rather rotund lycra female walked past. By way of apology I said it was a radio comedy but it was in fact a science programme on deep sea squid. Anyway, a good radio programme is much better at taking one's mind off pain than thumpy thumpy music.

Thanks - John
Togglehead

Post by Togglehead »

i dont know about the auto save feature, but what about setting your PC to install updates manually, so it wont restart on you....=]
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Auto Save feature for bounded recordings?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There is currently no way to automatically save a recording in GoldWave, but it might be possible in a future update.

Chris
Blandine Catastrophe

Post by Blandine Catastrophe »

With the timer, an auto save and computer shut down option when recording finished can be interesting.
Gloup? :-°