Help! Voice Sounds Like Its In Slow Mo

GoldWave general discussions and community help
dcoyne

Help! Voice Sounds Like Its In Slow Mo

Post by dcoyne »

I'm new to all this audio technology and I recorded my voice with a microphone. I want to be able to create podcasts so I saved the file as mp3. But when I play the file back it sounds like my words are coming out in super slow motion. How do I fix this? Thanks for your help.
Togglehead

Post by Togglehead »

Go to edit, playback rate, and sample your playback rate up
dcoyne

But what about listeners who download file?

Post by dcoyne »

Thanks for the info. But what if I want to post the mp3 file on my website for downloading? How are the listeners going to be able to adjust the sampling rate if they don't have Goldwave?

Isn't there some way of encoding the correct sampling rate when you record or convert it into an mp3?

Thanks,
Dave
Togglehead

Post by Togglehead »

heh heh...i meant YOU do that before you post it....so you post the proper sampling rate.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Help! Voice Sounds Like Its In Slow Mo

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Saving the file in MP3 format should not affect its speed. There may be a problem with your sound card driver. Some drivers have been know to record at the wrong speed. Try using Windows Update to see if any hardware updates are available.

Another thing you can try is to select a different sampling rate when creating a new file for recording, such as 48000Hz, 44100Hz, or 22050Hz. Some sound cards support only one sampling rate, but the driver fails to resample for other rates, causing the speed difference.

Chris