I wanna pay for it!

GoldWave general discussions and community help
donrandall

I wanna pay for it!

Post by donrandall »

I downloaded the Goldwave Voice Plug-In last night and played around with it for a bit. I like it. I will be using it.

I intended to just punch the button for the paid download - knowing full well that it was going to be a terrific product. I was right about that, but I managed to punch the wrong button.

Now - I want to pay for it and I don't know how, so I need some guidance.

The second question is regarding the manual that appeared onscreen - only to disappear and go into hiding once I shut it down so I could go play with my cool new tool. How do I access the instruction manual?
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

Click here to pay-up! :D

I've forgotten how you're supposed to access GWVoice help... But, my computer has a file called GWVoice.html. Try searching for that file on your hard drive.
Togglehead

Post by Togglehead »

We basically do the same thing Don, and you like it?

i was really considering buying it too....or having the company do it!...=]
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Doug - I done figgered it out and I gots it all paid fer now!

Togglehead - I usually prefer to do things manually - and tend to avoid things that automate functions because I have been disappointed so many times.

This thing works - it works very well. I played around for a while last night and then a bit more this morning and decided to go ahead and buy it. I like it and it is worth the money.

I have used the "Auto Gain" tool on around an hour or so of audio so far today and will have about that much more tomorrow. I have been using the default setting - and it is alright, but I find it to be just a wee bit heavy handed for my purposes ( for most people and most projects, it will be perfect ) and I will experiment a little and find some settings that I like better for what I am doing. This tool is good stuff!

I did run into one glitch. I had a stereo voice track "Ping Pon" after processing with the "Auto Gain" tool. I opend a mono file and pasted it in and once it was a mono track - no more ping pong effect. Okay, that worked out okay - but it is still something that I will have to learn how to prevent or fix if I can. Hey Chris! Got any advice?

The "Voice Over" tool allows us to lay a voice track over a music bed with ease. Quick, easy and convenient. Geeze, I have gotten used to doing that manually and kinda hate to change - but it works so danged well, that it doesn't make sense to humor the control freak side of me!

There are a couple of other things that are kinda nifty, the "Censor" tool for instance. I probably will end up using it to replace a sponsor's name with sound that covers there company name when I am required to submit an audition to compete for a job - watermarks are a great way to keep someone from using the "audition" on the air and copping a freebie.

There is also an "Offset Removal" tool that I never knew I needed - but hey, it's there and if I do need it I'll be glad I have it. Now - how will I know that I need it? A little "tick" at the beginning of a track or something?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'm not sure about the ping pong problem. I suppose something like that could happen if the channels are unbalanced and there is a lot more noise in one channel than the other (or a stereo echo/reverb). If you don't need stereo, then it is best to create a mono file for recording. It requires half as much storage and is faster to process.

The new "Filter dc offset" recording option in GoldWave (press F11, Record tab) usually eliminates the need to use the Auto Offset Removal effect later.

Chris
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Thanks Chris - yer da best.

I did solve the problem by opening a new blank mono file and pasting the copy of the raw audio to it. I then process that. There is really no reason to have recorded voiceovers in stereo - it's just that it was set that way from the beginning and as long as it was working, there was no need to change anything.

On message board for VO people, I have been enthusiastically pushing Goldwave to all who will listen.
Togglehead

Post by Togglehead »

Im the same way. I preach the wonder of this software wherever i am heard....=D

Thanks Don, i checked out the trial version and youre right...this IS a dream. Puttin it on the company card ass soon as i get approval....

...gotta hate all this corporate red tape.
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Hey, at least you can get someone else to pay for it. In my situation, I can get the company to pay for it - but I am the company!

One of the other participants on the Voice Over Bulletin Board is using Cool Edit Pro and wanted to know if this plug-in would work with her software. I suspect that Chris ain't makin' that a happenin' thing!
Togglehead

Post by Togglehead »

hed better NOT! =P