Automatically rip only 30-60 seconds?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Beutel

Automatically rip only 30-60 seconds?

Post by Beutel »

Is there a way to automatically rip only 30-60 seconds of a each track on a CD? I need to create sample sound bytes for each track (over 3000 songs!) and I need only 30-60 seconds of each song.

As it now stands, I rip the entire CD/tracks, then have to open up the file in an .mp3 editor, select 30-60 seconds, and cut out the rest. I hope there is a better way as I would rather not have to edit 3000! files manually.

Or, if not in the ripping, a batch edit where I can convert full lenght .mp3 into 30-60 sound bytes.
Togglehead

Post by Togglehead »

Well...i believe you will still have to rip the whole tune....but you should be able ot use the batch editing feature to not only leave just the first 30-60 seconds...but you can add fades and other nifty effects too....=]
Michael_uk

Re: Automatically rip only 30-60 seconds?

Post by Michael_uk »

Beutel wrote:Is there a way to automatically rip only 30-60 seconds of a each track on a CD?
Sorry about the late reply.

Audiograbber is excellent. You can rip partial tracks for any duration any part of the track and fade in and out if you want. You can save as wav, mp3 or Vorbis ... and .. now it's FREE :D

Naturally, the file can then be edited in Goldwave.

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/