How Do You Reduce The Bass?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
EddieCG

How Do You Reduce The Bass?

Post by EddieCG »

I record our choir practices using a Creative Jukebox, and then edit the result on Goldwave. The result is stunningly good. My problem is that the choir has recently had to change from using an upright piano to using an electronic piano. The bass 'boom' from the piano has been quite noticeable on my recordings since then. I cannot change any of the settings on my Creative Jukebox - it is a vey basic, very good, system. How do I adjust the bass level using Goldwave? I know absolutely nothing about waveforms etc, I simply cut out the chatter, coughs and bangs, and turn up the volume a bit!

:roll:
Togglehead

Post by Togglehead »

Highlight the parts that need fixing....then go to Effect ---> Filter ----> Equalizer. You can preview your adjustments with the play button on that window...and when youre happy...just press OK. =]

Dont forget....if you mess up, you can always press Ctrl + z to "Undo".....but it is good practice to save a backup copy as well.

Hope this helps!
piano nick

Post by piano nick »

I'm surprised that an electronic piano has more bass than an acoustic - that's often the weak point of digitals.

On removing bass, there are three filters you could try under EFFECT | FILTER:

1. Bandpass/stop

2. Low/High Bypass

3. Parametric EQ

Right now, I'm experimenting with removing the frequencies below 80 Hz on acoustic bass.

You might try Bandpass/Bandstop, but read the help screen carefully to get the correct choice for the correct frequency range. Some experimenting with the ranges will be required. Don't forget to listen and also to use TOOLS | CONTROL with the BARS option to SEE what is happening when you cut frequencies.

One of the other filters may be better, but it will require experimentation.

PN