Minor playback problems

GoldWave general discussions and community help
ExEmGe

Minor playback problems

Post by ExEmGe »

I have two minor problems when editing.
1. If when editing a file I save the file and then go to have a coffee etc. When I come back to play the (still loaded) file, I get gibberish - almost as if it's playing backwards. The solution is to exit Goldwave and then reload program and file and all is well. I've tried saving the 'gibberish' file but in fact it is O.K. i.e. not gibberish when reloaded (after exiting GW)

2. If I am doing multiple edits to a file, correcting 'fluffs' in a reading for example, after a while - say twenty or thirty edits - the playback of the section stops playing the first second or so of the selection e.g if I come to correct 'He he said that he was going to....' to remove the repeated word, when I select the section and play it I get '~~ d that he was going to . . ' Of course I can often just increase the length of the selection but this is not possible if I need to be very precise with the beginning of the cut. Again exiting GW and then reloading solves the problem.

Clearly this is a pretty minor problem but it is irritating and time consuming. Is it a known problem or could it be something to do with my installation, I've been using GW for a couple of years and it has been the same over three updates (I'm using 5.14)
Any suggestions?
Regards

Andy Minter
Stiiv

Post by Stiiv »

In Goldwave Setup, check the "fix damaged FPU state" box & see if that helps.
Stiiv
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

Thanks. I will do so.
Regards

Andy Minter
Togglehead

Post by Togglehead »

crank the buffer down a bit too....that might help with the "Delay" youre getting...

what version of GW?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Minor playback problems

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Usually such problems are caused by the sound driver. Sometimes checking the "Alternative playback..." box (press F11, Device tab in GoldWave) helps. If not, you'll need to install an updated driver.

Chris
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

Usually such problems are caused by the sound driver.
That rings a feint bell from when I ugraded last - Some warning about DirectX??
By & Large everything seemed to work fine & I ignored it.
I will investigate.

Thanks each.
Regards

Andy Minter