.XX format

GoldWave general discussions and community help
ranumm

.XX format

Post by ranumm »

I purchased this Goldwave perhaps 6-8 months ago, with the intent of converting my vast library of xxxxxxx books to MP3 so that I can use them on a portable MP3 player they do not yet support.

Unfortunately, when I upgraded to their version 4.0, I am no longer able to accomplish this. When I open an .XX file, the start location appears to be randomly selected. This of course makes saving of the file as an .MP3 useless.

I have tried everything I can think of, including copying the files to diff location, making sure the file is at the beginning before loading, even pausing the playback at the first second or two. Always the stsart of the file is random.

I do believe this to be some sort of "anti-piracy" code built into audibles playback mechanism. I have recently cancelled my xxxxxxx account in protest, and let them know that until they make the files playable in all mp3 players, I will not do business with them (pathetic I know).

Can you suggest anything that can be done, to make conversion possible once again?

Mark
FEldridge

Post by FEldridge »

Go to this link:

http://xxxxxxx

This is an earlier version of Xxxxxxx Manager that seems to work for most people including me. I buy the Xxxxxxx.com books but I, like you, want to listen to them on whatever device I choose.

You will probably have to uninstall the Xxxxxxx Manager 4.xx completely before you install 3.5

Fred
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: .XX format

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Try playing the file in Windows Media Player. Sometimes that will reset the current position. Also make sure the Xxxxxxx Manager is closed completely before opening the file in GoldWave.

Chris
Last edited by GoldWave Inc. on Wed May 26, 2004 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoyaa87

.AA

Post by hoyaa87 »

Yes I agree with Fred-- I use the 3.5 version of Xxxxxxx.com and goldwave to place the book on any MP3 player. I dont accept the query from Xxxxxxx to upgrade(you will know what Im talking about--they send it often)

My question to GOLDWAVE and anyone else--is does GOLDWAVE have an add-on program to convert a MP3 file to a MP3 PRO thus converting the MP3 files to a small size. Im running out of space on my MP3 player 20 G hard drive.