Truncated sound & save confirmation

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Kummel

Truncated sound & save confirmation

Post by Kummel »

Hello.

If I launch the bandpass filter and cancel the process before the end, the sound comes truncated with the bandpass filter applied instead of get a whole cancelling of the process like it was before I launched it. It wasn't the case with previous versions.

I cannot find the option to get a confirmation before to save. Where is it now ?

Goldwave 5.19
Windows XP SP2 last updates
Processor Intel Core Duo E6600
2 GB Ram
:D
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

1. I can't help you really with this one, but I have noticed the same thing with other filters/effects applied.

2. Options | Window | Miscellaneous |Always confirm before saving (checkbox)*

*At least thats where it SHOULD be... I only state this because you ask, "Where is it now?" Cause AFAIK, thats where its always been (since Chris added the feature) :wink:

Sarge
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

I just found the confirm option, in the Window options.
mh

Post by mh »

I've had the same with some custom filters I've written, and always assumed it was the my own code at fault - for some reason, it seems as though I've never actually cancelled a regular filter operation.

I suppose you could always use "Undo"?
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

I can indeed undo, but I cannot abort.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

That is a rather serious glitch. I'm surprised no one (including me) noticed or reported that until now. I'll get that fixed in the next update. In the mean time you'll need to manually Undo after cancelling any processing (including mixing and crossfading).

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Chris