Feature request - cursor with time

GoldWave general discussions and community help
kermit1942

Feature request - cursor with time

Post by kermit1942 »

It would be very helpful (for me) if the cursor displayed the time as I moved it across the window. I've used similar in other applications and it was super helpful. Currently I'm using Goldwave to edit lecture recordings, first I remove the noise (great filter) and then I remove sections I don't want. Here is where I run into a usability issue. I've been able to find the start and stop of a section (down to the 1/100) by playing the suspected section several times. Now I want to mark the section and delete it. If the cursor (perhaps it might be a key combination to invoke this function such as the shift key) displayed the time I could easily select the start and end by using the optional left and right click (love this feature)
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Feature request - cursor with time

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If you click-and-drag a marker, the time is shown in the status bar and in the Time and Status visual. I'm not sure that holding the Shift key to see the time would be easier than holding the mouse button down to move the marker. You can use the bracket keys, [ and ], to mark the selection during playback.

Chris
kermit1942

Post by kermit1942 »

DUE (Dumb User Error) I just was not aware that the time was displayed in the status bar (learning curve). I just tried using the brackets and if I'm starting with a view that does not have a marker it works sorta OK but if a marker exist then it seems like a crap-shot. As I learn more about it I'm sure it will be easier for me. For the most part I find it very easy to use but my usage is very simple. Thanks for the feedback.