disspearing "slider"? not a bug-but seems like one

GoldWave general discussions and community help
spenlinhauer

disspearing "slider"? not a bug-but seems like one

Post by spenlinhauer »

I think I found a bug, but maybe not - read below....

I'll do my best to explain what is happening.

1. Open new sound - the one I am using is ~6 seconds.
2. Select a section of that sound.
3. Copy to clipboard
4. Open a new blank file (so far it doesn't matter which) I have been using 5 Minutes CD Qty.
5. Paste clipboard into new file.
6. Trim new file to length of copied segment.

Ok this is where the problem is.

With the new sound on the top window and the old sound still highlighted in the bottom window, I have lost the ablity to "slide" the horizontal slider in the longer track. It seems that because the horizontal slider is linked to the new file, I can not scroll the longer track.

----------------

So in trying to document this, I think I have figured out what is happening - and it seems like a bug, but it has to do with the display windows.

When a file is zoomed all the way out, the horizontal window slider "disappears".
If you zoom in, the window size remains fixed, and Goldwave scales everything in the window to make room for the horizontal window slider. (This is opposed to the vertical, which Goldwave manages by itself, redrawing the wave form to fit the window, never having a need for a window slider).

This is fine when you have everything maximized to the width of the screen, but if you move one of the windows to beyond the width of the screen, a horizontal desktop slider covers over the bottom of the bottom window, which if you have a horiztonal window slider showing, covers that slider almost perfectly.
As the colors are Gray on Gray on Gray it is not apparent that this is the problem (indeed, I have had issues for several days now)

I might request that in the next revision, there is some kind of color difference between the window slider and the desktop slider?
Or maybe an option to prevent this behavior (limit windows to visible desktop so that the desktop slider never appears?)

The same thing happens with the vertical slider (when visible it covers over the open windows), but because there are no controls there, basically just a gray bar, it has never been an issue.

I am sure there are several ways to implement a way to handle this, and all in all its not a big problem, but it has really frustrated me these last couple of days!

Thanks
SEPP!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: disspearing "slider"? not a bug-but seems like

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I think this is one of those things you just have to be aware of. Tiling or cascading the Sound windows with one of the Window menu commands would remove the scroll bars on the main window.

Chris