Another New Feature Request

GoldWave general discussions and community help
donrandall

Another New Feature Request

Post by donrandall »

Hey Chris - -

I am a big fan of Goldwave. I have and have had some others, but I find Goldwave to the one that gives me what I need and what I use without a lot of nonsense and clutter. For that, I thank you for such a well crafted editing and processing program.

I rarely get excited about more and more added features, but one I really think would be useful is what might be called a "rubber band" equalizer - similar to the one I see being used in some studios. Being able to hear the sound while adjusting the line across it's horizontal axis would be very handy.
I don't know if this would be feasible, but if so, it would be a great tool.

I have been able to use the Goldwave parametric as a multiband tool and gain some of the utility of the rubber band type equalizer - but it really ain't as convenient.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Another New Feature Request

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Is the Spectrum Filter in the latest version the kind of thing you had in mind? Although you cannot hear the difference as you change the line, you can Apply the change during previewing.

Chris
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Is the Spectrum Filter in the latest version the kind of thing you had in mind? Although you cannot hear the difference as you change the line, you can Apply the change during previewing.
Well, how about that? I had not yet discovered this recent addition - and I thank you for shining the light on it for me! Yes, this will be handy and useful to me. I find that I had to go to the "Effect" menu then open "Filter" and find "Spectrum Filter". I saw in the help files what appeared to be a symbol or icon next to the explanation - so I was hoping to find the same icon on the toolbar, but alas, it was not to be. Am I missing something? Thinking that I could pop one up on the toolbar, I did look around under Options -> Toolbar -> Main and did not find anything there.

The next step on the road to digital perfection would be to have it reflect any adjustments on the fly, as the audio is playing back. Any chance of that?

Chris, I gotta tell ya, this program was very good when I bought it and it just keeps getting better. Thank you!
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

donrandall wrote:I was hoping to find the same icon on the toolbar, but alas, it was not to be. Am I missing something? Thinking that I could pop one up on the toolbar, I did look around under Options -> Toolbar -> Main and did not find anything there.
You were close...

Options -> Toolbar -> Effect tab (next to Main). Spectrum Filter should be there, just drag it over into the other column.

Sarge
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Sarge - You da man!

Yep, I was close but not close enough. Thank you sir.