New Feature

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Gazelle

New Feature

Post by Gazelle »

GoldWave is Excellent and I have been very pleased with GW and here come the but. BUT I seriously need some type of spectral analysis tools or frequency isolation tools to remove bad audio.

I realize that GW is not developed by any major vendors but this would be a nice enhancement. I am sure it will come in time, Audition, SoundSoap and Izotope has these type of audio restoration features.

Izotope is my current favorite and the demo of their audio restoration FX is very impressive and so is their price for it as well. Now I am not trying to get something for nothing, I am more than willing to pay for something powerful like this. I just happen to think that you pay for branding.

Perhaps Chris can write a plugin or module which could be purchased separately.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: New Feature

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Although GoldWave does not have an "all-in-one" effect, it includes a Noise Reduction filter, a Pop/Click filter, a Parametric Equalizer, and a Spectrum Filter. There are also several visuals, such as Spectrum, Spectrogram, and Waterfall to analyze the frequency, so you can see the results during previewing.

Chris
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

I myself am a user of Adobe Audition ("graduated" up after 5 years with Goldwave) and more recently, Izotope RX (love that noise reduction).

Everything you want can be done with Goldwave, although it's sometimes not as easy and straightforward as it is with Audition.

While you do pay for branding....that's not always the case. Goldwave is about the best value in the audio world (at least in non open-source programs). But Goldwave is also developed by Chris and Chris alone. The big vendors have a team of people (a bunch, let's say maybe 30) working on it, so each person can be dedicated to working on a specific part..not only that but they can hire professionals that can write some really good plugins.

The biggest thing I miss in Goldwave is the lack of "Mastering Rack", which is simply the ability to stack DSP's in a "rack".
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

GoldWave's Effect Chain Editor tool is similar to a Mastering Rack, though some effects cannot be chained.

Chris
disasterofmaster

Post by disasterofmaster »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Although GoldWave does not have an "all-in-one" effect, it includes a Noise Reduction filter, a Pop/Click filter, a Parametric Equalizer, and a Spectrum Filter. There are also several visuals, such as Spectrum, Spectrogram, and Waterfall to analyze the frequency, so you can see the results during previewing.
(3 years later.. :mrgreen: )

I know that there are many alternatives, but I think its a matter of usability.
Yes. I'm not as professional as power-users but I'm not the only one.
We'd be happy, if you just "copy" Soundbooth's Spectral Frequency Display feature.
e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFsIUULitKo What do you think about this?
much easier and user-friendlier, especially for non-professional amateurs like me.

I really love Goldwave. Thank you in advance!