Shift Play Mod For Goldwave

GoldWave general discussions and community help
NonWally

Shift Play Mod For Goldwave

Post by NonWally »

An major application I'm working on at the moment requires precise editing, and I'm having to constantly change the configuration of the play buttons.

Can I suggest a mod that does not increase the number of buttons but increases their configuration. The mod is a simple detection of a shift key when a play button is clicked.

If a shift key is pressed when a play button is clicked then the play button conforms to a preset alternative configuration for that press of the button only - it would not change the configuration. The preset alternative would be the second of a logical pair.

For example, if a play button is set for "play selected", then if the shift key was detected upon click of the play button, the "unselected" portion would play.

Logical Pairs:
* Selected / Unselected
* Play all / play view
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

you know, i had NEVER thought of that..but in the editing i do these days...that would be HUGE!

nice idea mate.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Shift Play Mod For Goldwave

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Space Bar and Shift+Space Bar and F4 and Shift+F4 sort of work that way, but only with the green and yellow modes. There are also a lot of other keyboard shortcuts for playing the file. Check out some of the "Navigation..." and "Control..." functions under Options | Keyboard.

Also you can right-click on a playback button to change its mode without going through the Control Properties window.

Chris
NonWally

Post by NonWally »

Chris,

I looked at spacebar etc. They only replicate the green and yellow play buttons. And I knew about the right click but that changes the configuration.

The mod I'm suggesting enables _extremely_ quick review of the selection to see (hear) if the selection needs to be modified. Without configuration or any additional stuffing about.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'll consider it. In the mean time, you can assign the NavigationAfterStart keyboard command to an easy to use keystroke (like the + key on the numeric pad, which is close to the mouse). That will always play the selection and is even easier than shift-clicking.

Chris