Goldwave on XP, ME and Windows 98 ( not SE )

GoldWave general discussions and community help
8 Track

Goldwave on XP, ME and Windows 98 ( not SE )

Post by 8 Track »

I have two xp machines, GoldWave V5 installed, I down loaded the LAME MP3 encoder, put the dll file in the Gold Wave program folder, the program works fine, starts right up when I want to encode to MP3

I have one machine that has ME on it, have V5 installed, downloaded per instruction and unziped LAME dll and put in the Goldwave program folder ( C drive ) I cannot get the MP3 encoder to activiate when I want to make MP3 files... Do any of you know what may be the problem? and do any of you run ME and have the Lame encoder work with Gold Wave on this OS?

I also have a standard Windows 95 Machine, I downloaded an early version of Gold wave on it, works fine, but same problem with the LAME dll file. All I get when I go to make mp3s is a window that says cant find the MP3 encoder. The file is unzipped in all cases.

Any help would be nice,
Thank you,
Joe
8 Track

Post by 8 Track »

Sorry, thats not a windows 95 its windows 98
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

I can confirm the same problem on a Win98 system. I don't know if it's the LAME encoder or GoldWave, but GoldWave is not supposed to run on Win98. It is supposed to work on ME.

GoldWave Installation Notes:
Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Vista is required. Windows NT/95/98 are not supported and will not work (please download v4.26 instead). Mac/OSX computers are not supported.
You might try RazorLAME or XRECODE (I haven't tried either of these on Win98, but RazorLAME is supposed to work... I can't find any documentation for XRECODE, but it's a really handy tool, if it will run on your system.)
8 Track

Post by 8 Track »

I can get the early version of Gold wave to work on windows 98, and the Goldwave V5 version runs fine on ME, The problem is the Lame dll file ( MP3 Encoder) dosent activate on ME or 98. Seems to be the norm. I also downloaded Audacity and they use the Lame encoder to, but I followed all the instructions to the T on the install of the encoder and on 98 anyway same results, the encoder will not fire off in 98. I have not tried Audacity on the ME machine to see if the encoder will work on ME, but it dosent activiate on Gold Wave in that OS. I cant get it to do that anyway. Maybe someone else can comment let me know their experience.
Thank you for the reply,
8 Track
8 Track

Post by 8 Track »

I know this is a Gold Wave forum, but for informational purposes, I downloaded the Beta version of Audacity3.3 which is the latest version. I tried the LAME encoder with this version and Audacity 3.3 found the Lame dll file with no problem. This was on Windows 98 ( Not SE)
I couldnt get Goldwave V5 to work with the dll Lame MP3 encoder on ME or on an early version of Gold Wave made for W98. My conclusion is that there has to be a glitch using the correct versions of Goldwave ment for W 98 and V5 on ME, combined with the LAME encoder. I had no trouble getting V5 to see the Lame dll mp3 encoder using V5 of GoldWave with xp. Hope this information helps others.
Grandpa 8 Track
8 Track

Post by 8 Track »

The version of Audacity I am using is not 3.3 but 1.3 the latest Beta version, sorry I had it wrong not 3.3 but 1.3.
The Great Watbol!

Re: Goldwave on XP, ME and Windows 98 ( not SE )

Post by The Great Watbol! »

8 Track wrote: I have one machine that has ME on it, have V5 installed, downloaded per instruction and unziped LAME dll and put in the Goldwave program folder ( C drive ) I cannot get the MP3 encoder to activiate when I want to make MP3 files... Do any of you know what may be the problem? and do any of you run ME and have the Lame encoder work with Gold Wave on this OS?

Any help would be nice,
Thank you,
Joe
Try copy'n the LAME_ENC.DLL file to Windows folder or windows\system folder or windows\system32 folder. that werked for me.
------------------------------
¿¿¿-:·}~ «-{Watbol}-» ©2000® ☆*★*☆
(•¿•)
8 Track

Post by 8 Track »

Ill try it !