Can't get added presets to work for GWAmp

GoldWave general discussions and community help
meamjon

Can't get added presets to work for GWAmp

Post by meamjon »

Hi,
I've been trying to figure out how to get some batching done using GWamp and a few WinAmp plugins, but am running into a roadblock....
In Batch you can only select a preset, which is a little annoying for the built in effects (say I wanted to dial in some settings "on the fly"...).

But when it comes to the GWAmp plugin, I create a preset by choosing a plugin, setting the settings, and adding the preset.
Whenever i select the preset, or any other preset, the plugin is cleared?

Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

I did look through the forum but couldn't find anything on this (weirdly "Batch" is an ignored search term haha...)

Thanks for the help and the great product, i've used it for many years....

Jon
DewDude420

Re: Can't get added presets to work for GWAmp

Post by DewDude420 »

No, I get the same behavior.

I can't really explain why this happens....I think it might have something to do with the inability of a lot o Winamp DSP's to actually save their settings...or the fact the GWAmp is unable to retrieve the exact settings from the plugin.
meamjon

Post by meamjon »

Well saving / altering the interal plugin settings would be great, but i wouldn't hope for that.
The plugins i use (Stereo Tool and Enhancer --- any recommendations for better appreciated :)
they actually hang on to the previous settings fine.

It's only that the DSP i have as "active" when the GWAmp preset is saved is not retained.

I originally used MuchFX2 to chain a few plugins and that's holding its last settings fine.... but it doesn't get reselected as a preset.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

It is not possible to save effect settings for Winamp plug-ins. There is no standard mechanism to retrieve settings from the plug-in.

However the problem with the plug-in being cleared when you select the preset appears to be a bug in the GWAmp plug-in. I'll upload a fix for that shortly.

Chris
meamjon

Post by meamjon »

Thanks very much :)
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I've fixed the problem in the GWAmp plug-in, but there is also a related problem in GoldWave. That will be fixed in the next update, which should be ready around the end of September.

Chris
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

I've fixed the problem in the GWAmp plug-in, but there is also a related problem in GoldWave. That will be fixed in the next update, which should be ready around the end of September.
Hi Chris - I hate to bother you with this because I know you are busy, but will the next update allow me to once again have full use of my db-Audioware plug-ins (related to presets and I do have a bit of a work around that helps sometimes) and my Anwida reverb plug-in (which will no longer work with Goldwave after v 5.25)?
Moonmist

Post by Moonmist »

donrandall wrote:
Hi Chris - I hate to bother you with this because I know you are busy, but will the next update allow me to once again have full use of my db-Audioware plug-ins (related to presets and I do have a bit of a work around that helps sometimes) and my Anwida reverb plug-in (which will no longer work with Goldwave after v 5.25)?
That reminds me... any luck fixing that bug with the spectrum filter I showed you Chris? Will that be fixed by the next update possibly? *hoping*
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

VST support is one of the things I'm working on for the next update (or shortly thereafter), so I haven't delved into the DirectX db-Audioware/Anwida problem much yet. It's still on the list, though. I was hoping that VST wouldn't be the mess that DirectX is, but so far I'm not impressed. The standard is not well documented from a host program point of view and the handful of VST plug-ins I've tested (including Anwida's Reverb) don't seem to conform to the standard in several ways. VST 3 may be better, but GoldWave will not be supporting that in the near future, just 2.4 and below for now.

The Spectrum Filter problem has been fixed.

Chris