What are all these BOT's doing online?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
The Great Watbol!

What are all these BOT's doing online?

Post by The Great Watbol! »

I looked at the status line at the bottom of the page and noticed online users: Google [BOT], MSN [BOT], Myself, and Yahoo [BOT].
How/Why are these [BOT]'s registered users?¿?¿?¿?
DewDude420

Re: What are all these BOT's doing online?

Post by DewDude420 »

The [Bot] users are web-crawlers...Yahoo, MSN, Google...the things that go out and crawl the internet for search engines. They're not the same as the "bots" that currently spam the board...they scan the pages so forum threads show up in search results.
Kilmatead

Post by Kilmatead »

The Great Watbol! wrote:I looked at the status line at the bottom of the page...
...à propos de rien, in a curiously off-topic sort of way, this does, in effect, answer the eternal rhetorical query: "Who Watches the Watchers?" :wink:
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

I think "watching the watchers" is a infinite hypothetical deal...or something...

technically, if someone is watching the watchers, someone would have to watch them...and watch them....and eventually, everyone is watching someone watching someone else...and since most people have no idea what i do offline, I'd say no?

sorry, these are the kind of ramblings that go on while i'm waiting for audio effects to process.