Volume Recording

GoldWave general discussions and community help
docthor4

Volume Recording

Post by docthor4 »

Why the volume Off Set can be set apart on the version 5.25?

Kind I'm recording and it do not set as ok on the volume sum control properties.

It return to zero after ok on the "sum" control properties.
DougDbug

Re: Volume Recording

Post by DougDbug »

I believe this is a driver problem. If your drivers are already up to date, you might need to try a different soundcard.

You can also access the Windows mixer through Windows (even if GoldWave is not running) by double-clicking the speaker icon (depending non your version of Windows), and choosing the correct option for the recording mixer. If those settings don't "hold", it confirms that the problem is with the drivers/soundcard, and not with GoldWave.

Note that with most soundcards the recording "mixer" is not truly a mixer, as you can only select one input at a time for recording. (If your soundcard has the option of recording "What-U-Hear" or "Stereo Mix", you can record the playback mix, which is a true mix.)
docthor4

Post by docthor4 »

I haven't a better soundcard for years, it sound good for me, drivers and everything, the option is not functioning on the main goldwave 5.25 program. What this function have within the main input outside goldwave on the mix which can't be controlled by goldwave? It's not a particulary function on the main driver? Goldwave can't control it standalone? The driver is not conflicting with nothing else.

Only if this are you talking about a particulary driver section for other kind of different mix.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If the volume resets to zero, then there is a problem with the sound card driver. You'll have to use the Windows Volume Control settings to adjust the recording volumes instead.

Chris
docthor4

Post by docthor4 »

The drivers from my sound card are awefull from the manufacturer. It's working as it are on the sound card "WDM windows compatible".

It do not complain as driver to the volume recording from goldwave... :?: You're goldwave what can I say.

Thor
docthor4

Post by docthor4 »

No Response from the 5.25 version. Maybe It's about the compatibility with my Sound Card in your function you wanna say?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Try installing a more recent version of GoldWave and check the "Filter dc offset" recording option (press F11, Record tab).

Chris