Revealing The Devices

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Nigga 4 Life

Revealing The Devices

Post by Nigga 4 Life »

I read the other post about uncovering the Stereo Mix option in Windows 7 64-bit but not surprisingly it did not work for me. I have Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 32-bit. I have both show disconnected and disabled options checked and did so by pressing Shift+F10 when focused on any of the Playback devices.

According to the Device Manager, I have an IDT High Definition sound card built in this Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. I guess they call it High Definition because it can play up to 24-bit 192000 hertz [it is on the Advanced tab on the Properties screen if my memory serves me right]. Even when I connect my Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Notebook PCI sound card I do not see these Stereo Mix, Wave-Out, etc. devices. There is a What You Hear and I think 1 more option on the Recording devices tab of the control panel audio management screen. Does anybody know how to reveal these ‘hidden’ devices? I really like 7 but this makes me wish I had another laptop with XP Professional SP3 just so I can experience the joys of Stereo Mix and all the others Microsoft so inconveniently decided of which to strip us. In fact Windows 7's entire audio management screen in the control panel is worlds worse than XP's but that is an entirely different conversation. Thanks in advance if anybody can explain something to which I can not find the answer.