GoldWave Version 5.65

GoldWave general discussions and community help
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: GoldWave Version 5.65

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Appreciate the VST feedback. What kind of problems are you having with the ones that don't work? Are they not detected by GoldWave at all? Or does an error occur when you attempt to use them?

Chris
Derek_G

Re: GoldWave Version 5.65

Post by Derek_G »

Sorry for the delayed response...holidays and whatnot. It's been doing some different things for the different VST's.

- The 2Rule Filter is only recognized once in a while. Sometimes it shows up in the search for VST's, sometimes it doesn't show up at all. When it does show up and I add it to the VST group, trying to open it will sometimes give the error "An exception occurred during processing", or it will actually open. When it does actually open, trying to play any sound gives an immediate "An exception occurred during processing" error.

- The primary issue for the bulk of them is that they're not being recognized when searching the VST folder.

- The ones that are recognized and actually open a module, such as SIR1 reverb, don't actually process the sound. The sound is left unchanged, or perhaps I should say the "Wet" channel has no signal. For example, running a sound through SIR1 will just play the original sound, and if I slide the volume over to just the "wet" or processed portion it goes silent.

I'm going to play around with a lot more of these, and I'll let you know what happens as I do. I've been tempted to purchase one or two of these, but with the compatibility still getting worked out I figure I should probably stick with freeware for now.