Enhancement request -- Storage Options

GoldWave general discussions and community help
DougA

Enhancement request -- Storage Options

Post by DougA »

The storage options | sound folder, has two choices:
Last folder used -- or --
Fixed folder

I'd like to request the addition of "start in current folder" so a save-as defaults to where the curent edited file resides. (then for the duration of the session, remembers any change of folder)
Doug
Gord

Re: Enhancement request -- Storage Options

Post by Gord »

DougA wrote:I'd like to request the addition of "start in current folder" so a save-as defaults to where the curent edited file resides. (then for the duration of the session, remembers any change of folder)
I'm not entirely clear on what you mean. In my experience, File > Save As... always defaults to the folder where the current file resides. Do you want GoldWave to remember the folder in which the first file opened was located, and then use that folder as the default for all subsequent File > Save As... operations for that instance of GoldWave regardless of the location of the current file? If so, that seems counter-intuitive to me.
DougA

Re: Enhancement request -- Storage Options

Post by DougA »

I've been trying several tests to figure out the logic of what directory is displayed for use.
It isn't simple, however .... You're right, the "save as" does seem to be consistant with the directory of where the file was opened from.
But, "save selection as" doesn't work the same. From what I can tell, it defaults to the same directory you get when you click the "Open" button. Which may not be the same directory the current file that's open came from.

When I start GW, I use either a program that starts GW via command mode with the name of the file to edit, or, I right click a file name, then "Send To" a shortcut to GW I've created in the windows 'send to' directory. In other words, i don't start GW and use the "Open" button to open files. That may well be a factor.

It just seems that as I work on different projects, I'm always chasing the directory tree.
Perhaps all that's needed here is for "Save Selection As" to work the same as "Save As"
Doug