Temp files showing up anywhere

GoldWave general discussions and community help
rec78

Temp files showing up anywhere

Post by rec78 »

Hello, It seems that the temp files created by Goldwave for editing show up anywhere. This is a problem when I try to make a cd because I load the whole folder and record it. I have to wait for the temp file to go away before I can make a CD.
Is there a way to automatically place these files into a seperate folder on their own so that they do not interfere with anything else? I use windows 7 and I do not know if I can control this myself. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
If there is a way to create a file to auto-place these files in.-Please let me know. I am not that computer savoy to know how to fix this on my own. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I use version 5.66 -- Thanks, Bob
Gord

Re: Temp files showing up anywhere

Post by Gord »

Look in Options > Storage... and check the "Temporary Storage" settings. Is "Hard drive" selected and is there a valid path in the textbox immediately below?
rec78

Re: Temp files showing up anywhere

Post by rec78 »

Thanks Gord--I do not know if there was a valid path or not-so I changed it and added a seperate file. Thanks for the advice-Hopefully this clears up the problem.. Thanks,

Bob