Congratulations on 20 years of GoldWave, Chris!

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Sarge

Congratulations on 20 years of GoldWave, Chris!

Post by Sarge »

Chris,

Congratulations on the 20th anniversary of GoldWave! I want to say it is one of the most frequently used program on my PC and I use it several times a week since I purchased it about 7+ years ago.

I applaud all your hard work and dedication that has gone into this program over the years and seeing how the program has evolved throughout its versions (I've taken a look at older versions online since 1.0 and seen just how far it has come). :P

It is one of the few programs that I have that gives free lifetime upgrades and your support is amazing; you connecting with the community here, following up and answering many of the users feature requests, something I can't say many companies even bother do, or take the time to look at.

Again I want to thank you for all your time and effort and I will continue to use GoldWave for as long as I own my computer!

Here's to another 20+ years! :D

Thanks Chris!
Tristan

Re: Congratulations on 20 years of GoldWave, Chris!

Post by Tristan »

GoldWave should get more exposure than it does. I talk it up whenever I can. I used Sound Forge for a while and didn't like it as much as GoldWave. To me, the equalization features alone are worth the price of admission.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
Gord

Post by Gord »

Yes, congratulations Chris! Wishing you continued success.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Thanks! :)

Chris
loninappleton

Post by loninappleton »

Congratulations are well-deserved on this anniversary. You've always helped in the past and I applaud Goldwave for it's achievements.

loninappleton, Goldwave owner for 10 years (maybe longer).
Irvin Cee

Post by Irvin Cee »

Congrats...
thanks for sticking with your no-nonsense way of working...

Have seen a lot of softs going for the big bucks and consumer orientated but the quality in the straight oposite direction.
Keep up the good work...
■Audio: http://soundcloud.com/irvincee
■Faceb.: http://www.facebook.com/irvincee
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Allow me to add my thanks and my appreciation for what I consider to be one of the best products I've ever had.
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

I'm late to this party; but I also can't express my appreciation to Chris for Goldwave. If I hadn't of discovered it on a shareware CD in a magazine; I'd probably have never started using it and wouldn't be the audio engineer I am now.
benhenry

Post by benhenry »

Wow. I agree completely with all the nice things everyone in this thread has posted. Especially Sarge, who eloquently said what was in my head.

Thank you very much, Chris.

My daughter was very young, and very sad because her favorite program, (AudioGrabber) was not going to be developed anymore. I know she felt very disappointed and slightly betrayed in ways that she couldn't say; but I could see.

We searched for something "better" than "Audiograbber" and the Lycos search engine, (remember them?) found a GoldWave for us. I watched her eyes grow wide when she asked me if it was really true that the program could be ours forever and we wouldn't have to pay any more money, even if it got better and better... and I could only say: "maybe."

Thanks for turning that into a yes, Chris.

She is in college now, about to take what might be the hardest class in her major, Statics. I don't even know what kind of magical math that is... but I do know this: she never quits.

And her next computer will have to be 64 bits. :)

Thanks again. And again.

Ben
JackA

Post by JackA »

benhenry wrote:Wow. I agree completely with all the nice things everyone in this thread has posted. Especially Sarge, who eloquently said what was in my head.

Thank you very much, Chris.

My daughter was very young, and very sad because her favorite program, (AudioGrabber) was not going to be developed anymore. I know she felt very disappointed and slightly betrayed in ways that she couldn't say; but I could see.

We searched for something "better" than "Audiograbber" and the Lycos search engine, (remember them?) found a GoldWave for us. I watched her eyes grow wide when she asked me if it was really true that the program could be ours forever and we wouldn't have to pay any more money, even if it got better and better... and I could only say: "maybe."

Thanks for turning that into a yes, Chris.

She is in college now, about to take what might be the hardest class in her major, Statics. I don't even know what kind of magical math that is... but I do know this: she never quits.

And her next computer will have to be 64 bits. :)

Thanks again. And again.

Ben
Ben, back in early 2000, an internet friend turned us on to MP3 files; we all scratched our heads; never heard of them. However, he, Kevin, also turned me onto AudioGrabber and Goldwave!!! Sadly, for AudioGrabber, everyone jumped on the "ripping" software bandwagon. It's now like freeware - I still use it!!!
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

JackA wrote:AudioGrabber
Oh.....wow. There's a program I hadn't heard in quite a looooong time. I didn't find out about AudioGrabber till sometime in 1998 or so. Prior to that; I was recording music from an external player with Goldwave. Back then; ripping CD's wasn't anywhere near as easy as it was now. Various drivers had better success (MSCDEX anyone?) than others and drives played a huge role. I didn't get a drive that ripped accurately till I got a CD-R drive in mid 99. The coolest ripping software I ever used was a replacement CDFS.vxd driver for Windows 98. AudioCD's now showed up with .wav files; and were ripped "on-the-fly" as you accessed a track. It actually made encoding audio to VQF (which is what I was using around that time); a whole lot easier. The CDFS driver could rip faster than the VQF could encode. :)
JackA

Post by JackA »

DewDude420 wrote:
JackA wrote:AudioGrabber
Oh.....wow. There's a program I hadn't heard in quite a looooong time. I didn't find out about AudioGrabber till sometime in 1998 or so. Prior to that; I was recording music from an external player with Goldwave. Back then; ripping CD's wasn't anywhere near as easy as it was now. Various drivers had better success (MSCDEX anyone?) than others and drives played a huge role. I didn't get a drive that ripped accurately till I got a CD-R drive in mid 99. The coolest ripping software I ever used was a replacement CDFS.vxd driver for Windows 98. AudioCD's now showed up with .wav files; and were ripped "on-the-fly" as you accessed a track. It actually made encoding audio to VQF (which is what I was using around that time); a whole lot easier. The CDFS driver could rip faster than the VQF could encode. :)
"loooooong time"? You know how to make a guy feel old! :lol: Not too long ago, I was still using Win ME! It did me well, though others felt it the worst OS (until Win 8 )!
While at Dad's, I decided to rip a song(s) from CD. I used Media Player, but, then, it had no MP3 option, so I used WMA format. I took the file home and wanted to edit it, but, whatever I used, even GW, it refused to allow modification and a copyright caution took me to M$'s site, where I had to allow it to be modified (from a different computer)! I later find it was Media Player (c) defaults.

You probably know Neil Sedaka, and I like the (AudioGrabber) Free Database to gain song titles from audio CD, but, this (Italy) one, found in a budget bin, I guess no one entered it!...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/o ... aitaly.gif

My Dad's deceased, but I'm his Fortunate Son (remix-extended ending)...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/i ... te-rm1.mp3