Save As problem

GoldWave general discussions and community help
JackA

Save As problem

Post by JackA »

I assume, GW should remember the last format saved; sometimes it does, sometimes it maintains the original format. It appears to be an intermittent problem. I probably Save As more often than most.
Gord

Re: Save As problem

Post by Gord »

JackA

Post by JackA »

Gord wrote:Check the answer here and see if it helps:

http://goldwave.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4190&p=17924#p17924
"will apparently override the "smart" handing that GoldWave attempts for file types Chris mentioned above".

Thanks, Gord! I'm not sure what is set to what, but it's intermittent. Maybe I save in different formats than most; sometimes it's "smart", other times it needs reminding! :)
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If you've set a default format for Save As (under Options | File Formats), that is used. If you save a file using attributes that change the number of channels or sampling rate, but don't reopen the file when prompted, then the old attribute are used next time (not the new attributes).

Chris
JackA

Post by JackA »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:If you've set a default format for Save As (under Options | File Formats), that is used. If you save a file using attributes that change the number of channels or sampling rate, but don't reopen the file when prompted, then the old attribute are used next time (not the new attributes).

Chris
Chris, thank you! It typically happens with, I guess, 24 bit FLAC, then saving to 16(?) bit 160kbps MP3. I could never understand that prompt, always ignored (canceled), maybe that's the real problem! Working fine with Default set 160k MP3! Oh, quick note, thanks for waveform refresh improvement (new version)!!