Flavors of Play

GoldWave general discussions and community help
mstoreysmith

Flavors of Play

Post by mstoreysmith »

Folks:

Am I missing something? In the Playback Control Properties, I'm looking for a form of playback that will play whatever the user's selected from the beginning to the end (no looping) -- AND if nothing's selected, will play the entire file from the beginning to the end. Is there such a Playback mode? If not, is it possible to get it on the list of candidates for an upcoming version?

Many thanks,
Mark Smith
AP
DougDbug

Re: Flavors of Play

Post by DougDbug »

There are 3 green play buttons. If you right-click on the button, there are about 10 choices for what ecach one does.
mstoreysmith

Post by mstoreysmith »

Alas, none of the 10 does what I'm looking for -- play the selection from the beginning, but if there's no selection play the whole file from the beginning.
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Perhaps I'm missing something... but when I right click any of the green arrows, the very top selection on the list is "All".

Does "All" not accomplish what you are saying you want to do?
Gord

Post by Gord »

I don't think this really warrants a feature request because if "nothing is selected" then all you need to do it hit [Ctrl-A] ("Select All") to select the whole file. Therefore, using the "Selection" playback mode is a workable solution.