Copy then Copy to New - Assign Key

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Maximus

Copy then Copy to New - Assign Key

Post by Maximus »

This may seem like a lazy request. I edit voice over files for our IVR system. There can be up over 250 prompts within one .wav or .mp3 file which need to be selected, copied, then added to a new edit window for a bit of cleanup then saved as. I would really like a "Copy to New" feature which copies the selected wave portion to a new edit window, not the copy to new which currently allows saving to a new file. I know I can click "Copy" then click "New" but having one function would allow assigning that to a key (currently F12), this is much fast as I can use both hands. I can currently do that in "another" editor but much prefer to use GW.
Gord

Re: Copy then Copy to New - Assign Key

Post by Gord »

Does [Ctrl-C] immediately followed by [Ctrl-P] accomplish what you want?
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Yep, certainly does.

But when I do this over 250 times in a session it would be easier to mouse select the part of the wave form required then (with the other hand) press say F12. Just a suggestion that the existing "Copy to" function could allow a copy to new wave edit, and be assigned to a key or function key.
Gord

Post by Gord »

Perhaps you could use a utility like AutoHotkey to map [Ctrl-C][Ctrl-P] to a single keystroke.