license and settings problems

GoldWave general discussions and community help
mathyou9

license and settings problems

Post by mathyou9 »

OK, so I read that I need to re-enter my license for version 6.09. But that's supposed to be just a 1-time thing, right? I entered my license, but it reverts back to the trial version (along with all the settings reverting to default) upon restart. After three times of this, I decided I was experiencing a glitch and should report it.

Not sure what additional info. is needed; I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: license and settings problems

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You seem to be the only one reporting that problem so far. Do you have any software installed that is "cleaning" your system? If the problem persists, please contact me with the user ID you are using.
mathyou9

Post by mathyou9 »

I have no registry/system "cleaners" that I'm aware of (I do have Norton 360.) I'll have to check "under the hood" and see what I can figure out. I'll post my findings (if any) and/or updates if anything changes.
mathyou9

Post by mathyou9 »

It works just fine now.

(Speculation: In the past when I've installed a new version, I have never uninstalled the old version; I've just installed in "on top of" the old version. And that's what I initially did with v6.09. But the 2nd time around I completely uninstalled v5.70 and installed v6.09, entered my license and it all works. But I really have no idea; it's just the only thing I did differently.)