Batch not working for me

GoldWave general discussions and community help
thetalk

Batch not working for me

Post by thetalk »

Ok, using 6.11 and I've set it to batch convert to a different format. It decompresses, and then says "saving file" which it can not be (because it happens way too fast). At the end, it says that all files processed, and zero errors. But there are no files there. I even set it to save in the original folder and overwrite the originals, and still no luck. I've checked and double-checked everything I can think of. I opened up 5.70 and it worked perfectly. Any ideas? Thanks!
PS. I LOVE Goldwave... I'm a 10 year user!
DougDbug

Re: Batch not working for me

Post by DougDbug »

I've never used batch processing...

If all you are doing is converting to a different format, try TAudioConverter (FREE!!!). Once you've set-up your target format and target location, it's just drag, drop, and go!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There was a problem with v6.11. Please install the latest version of GoldWave.
thetalk

Post by thetalk »

Oh, yes, that was my bad!
I did find one other possible quirk... I used the batch processing to match volume for some files, and it did a double count. I think because it has to do multiple operations per file (open, scan, save???). So at the end of the 25 files it said something like "Processed 50 out of 25 files. No warnings. No errors." Everything worked, so no big deal at all. Just thought I'd point it out for the next release.
I love goldwave!!!!
gwthomas

Post by gwthomas »

I'm using Goldwave 6.15. When Batch Processing conversion from .wav to .mp3, the counter is double counting.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

That problem will be fixed in the next update.