Blend At Marker, Equal Power Fade

GoldWave general discussions and community help
drean

Blend At Marker, Equal Power Fade

Post by drean »

Hi there,

I'm using the
Menu \ Edit \ Blend At Marker \ Both Markers
to remove pop/click noises in the audio, however it uses linear fade? because the sound gets quieter, it should use "Equal Power" fade instead.

Thanks
DougDbug

Re: Blend At Marker, Equal Power Fade

Post by DougDbug »

There a lot of things you can try, but anything manual is tedious. I assume you tried the Pop/Click filter? Maybe the Smoother filter?

You can also try the Censor effect (with the clipboard option) but it's usually super-tedious trying to "find" a similar sound to patch-in.

You can also split the track into two tracks and then re-combine (blend) with a Crossfade. The Crossfade effect does have fade-curve options. Or, you can make your own crossfade with fade-out, fade-in, and mix. That's how I usually make a crossfade because you can control everything. i.e. When I'm "crossfading" between songs I usually don't "fade" at all... I just overlap with the 2nd song kicking-in when the 1st song is fading-out "naturally".

For vinyl clicks & pops I usually use Wave Repair ($30 USD). It's got several repair methods and usually (but not always) one works "perfectly". I also have Wave Corrector which is more automatic and now FREE! Audacity (FREE) also has a Click Removal and Repair effects.