What is the XAC format?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Videogamer555

What is the XAC format?

Post by Videogamer555 »

It's called Extended Audio in the file save dialog. So is this supposed to be a publicly documented file format? Or is it a proprietary format designed just for GoldWave? My Google searches have so far found nothing on it.
DougDbug

Re: What is the XAC format?

Post by DougDbug »

Google found it!!!
Postby GoldWave Inc. » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:02 am

XAC is an internal format GoldWave uses to store uncompressed audio larger than 4GB. It may be phased out in future updates in favour of more standardized formats such as RF64.

Chris
I Googled: XAC FILE FORMAT AUDIO
Videogamer555

Post by Videogamer555 »

DougDbug wrote:Google found it!!!
Postby GoldWave Inc. » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:02 am

XAC is an internal format GoldWave uses to store uncompressed audio larger than 4GB. It may be phased out in future updates in favour of more standardized formats such as RF64.

Chris
I Googled: XAC FILE FORMAT AUDIO
All I know is I saved a file in this format (too big for WAV format), and I need to know the file structure. I used it to save a signal for scientific analysis, and I would like to write my own software to analyze it. To make my software able to load the XAC format though, I will need to know how that file is structured.
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

It might be better to use a non-priority format but you can contact Chris (GoldWave's Developer) via this form.