New feature suggestion: Multiple Copy/Paste Selections

GoldWave general discussions and community help
klmonline

New feature suggestion: Multiple Copy/Paste Selections

Post by klmonline »

This is NOT a bug, just an idea for a potential feature addition that would save me time while editing audio files in Goldwave.

Summary: Create a way to copy multiple audio selections and associate each one with an identifier. Allow a paste or replace operation to specify which selection should be placed into the audio stream.

Use case: One-pass editing where I may want to repeatedly paste a number of audio pieces in different parts of the audio stream. For example, replace breaths with background room noise and add trailing S sibilance that has been removed by over-aggressive hiss removal and replace overly plosive P sounds with a tamed P.

Currently I can only have one audio selection in the clipboard at any time. So I have to do one pass to paste/replace all instances of that selection, then grab my next selection and do another pass through the entire file. Or I have to copy and paste my selections into a second window and select each one when needed for a paste into the target file.

It would be faster and more efficient to have a keystroke combination that acted as a "Paste Selection 1" and another for "Paste Selection 2" so I could use my various replacement selections as I move through the target file. Standard ctrl+c, ctrl+v, ctrl+r shortcuts should not be affected, so that users familiar with the standard operations don't have to learn anything new. Maybe something like c+1, c+2, c+3 to copy selections to those memory locations and v+1 or r+1 to paste or replace with the contents of that memory location?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: New feature suggestion: Multiple Copy/Paste Selections

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.