Feature Request: Hot Keys for switching Audio Input/Recording

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Darkside_1

Feature Request: Hot Keys for switching Audio Input/Recording

Post by Darkside_1 »

I would like to see for a future update the ability to have hotkeys available for changing your playback or recording device selection in the Control Properties menu under Device. I.e. you want to change your playback from Speakers to Headphones or your recording from the LOOPBACK option to your Line-In or Mic for example without having to exit the software to change inputs and re-enter.
Tristan

Re: Feature Request: Hot Keys for switching Audio Input/Recording

Post by Tristan »

What kind of recording interface are you using, if any? Are you just plugging things into your computer jacks?

A hot key is really for doing something on the fly -- i.e. quick edits. I can't think of a reason why I'd change recording devices on the fly. That's pretty much a set-and-forget thing with me, unless I'm having some kind of equipment problem. I keep a mixing board hooked up to my workstation for routing options when I want to make monitoring changes.

You can get a cheap mixpad for $40 - $50. You could use mic input, line input -- whatever -- using a mixpad with the right pres. You wouldn't have to dink around with program preferences.

Example:
https://www.parts-express.com/talent-mi ... t--233-120

The above has a USB interface integrated with the mixpad, in case that matters.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?