Compare files - difference score, how do I read the results?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Afterimage

Compare files - difference score, how do I read the results?

Post by Afterimage »

I'm trying to figure out what the numbers and graph are spitting out for results and it's not making a lot of sense. I assume it's supposed to be dB difference at specific time, but can't make sense of it. Obviously left vertical numbers are dB, bottom numbers time, but what about numbers along right and the graph line? I don't see anything relating to dB difference at a certain frequency either.

Comparing original CD vs HDtracks 96/24 version of Tell It All from Pat Metheny's First Circle album after 'maximize volume' was run on both files to get the levels closer.

GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Compare files - difference score, how do I read the results?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The numbers on the right are the time differences (delta T). The aqua graph indicates that the time of one file drifted off almost 170 seconds compared to the other file. The comparison algorithm was not able to find a consistent match. You'll need to try different settings to get a better comparison or maybe change the order you've selected the files. Another thing you can try is to use Resample to ensure both files have the same sampling rate before comparing them.