Making An A Cappella

GoldWave general discussions and community help
jdeligiannis

Making An A Cappella

Post by jdeligiannis »

As far as I know, Goldwave's only method of creaing an a cappella out of a track with an instrumental is the "Remove Vocals" feature. This doesn't really cut it in any cases. All this does is cancel out the Mono sounds in the track (sounds that are exactly the same in both channels).

I have learned that some people on the internet have been taking tracks with instruments and have been canceling out those instruments, leaving the a cappella. Now, the method does have its price, and that is that the quality of the vocals is reduced, in some cases drastically, but still, I would like to know how to do this. I think the computer-made a cappellas are known as CPU a cappellas. Does anyone have any idea on how to make these?

I do have my own methods of making and a cappella, but it doesn't work in most cases. It would be superior, if it worked all the time, because my method does not distort the quality of the vocals, as does the CPU method. Still, I wouldn't mind knowing this CPU method, though it isn't crucial.