Who prefers (uses) Goldwave v4 over v5???

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Sarge

Who prefers (uses) Goldwave v4 over v5???

Post by Sarge »

I see that there are still quite a few of you out there who still uses Goldwave v4. Why is that? Is it that you're more comfortable with its layout and used to it after using it for so long? It's great that Goldwave still offers and supports its older version at least cause most companies don't back their older software at all, once they're done with it and a newer version comes out, they'll say, "Sorry, time for you to upgrade".

But really, I'd like to hear why some of your prefrences why you think its better, or why you still use it, or tell me why you like v5 better than v4.(I'm not saying either ones better/worse, its just I prefer v5 since I'm still a newer user, and want to start out with the latest version).
JackH

Post by JackH »

I think the #1 improvement in v5 is its support of plug-ins. This makes it much more versatile than v4 was. Also, I like not having to wait for the "deflashing" process that was used in v4.

There were some initial user-interface problems with v5 for those used to v4, but those were addressed quickly, as is usual for GoldWave. One I remember was the left button/right button selection method. It was left out initally, but was added back as an option.

My only real gripe with v5 is its inability to import v4 presets. That should have been there from day 1, but it never has appeared. Most can be transferred manually, but some are nearly impossible to do. That's really the only reason I hung onto v4 after v5 came out.
Eddies UDDR

Post by Eddies UDDR »

I use Goldwave 4.26 in Windows NT 3.51, but in Win98SE, ME and NT 5.0 I use V5.10
timk

Post by timk »

I like the "effects chain editor" in versions 5.x and the ability to "preview" and tweak the effects chain while listening to the file.
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

I have been using Goldwave since V4 - and I always take advantage of every updated version when they come along. I see no donwside of any kind - and I appreciate the ability to take advantage of upgrades and updates without getting stuck for more money each time.

I have a couple of other digital audio editing and processing programs and I don't even use them because they are inferior to Goldwave.