feature requests

GoldWave general discussions and community help
PeachGirl

Post by PeachGirl »

I didn't really know where to post this, its nothing that affects the program, but just a minor punctuation or gramatical error (at least I think), under the effect button "Playback rate" (and also when you hover over the effect button). On my computer it looks like the "r" in rate is lowercased. Do you think you could capitalize it, being that this is a professional program? Yes call me anal, but thats how I am when it comes to spelling. I think it would flow better because you got Playback Rate spelled correctly under the effects menu (as Playback Rate, not Plackback rate) as well as all items with 2 words with the first letter capitalized. Please if ya got a few extra minutes, could ya fix it. It'd make me a happy person! :D :D Thanks!
Stiiv

Post by Stiiv »

Did you attend catholic school, by any chance, PeachGirl? :wink:

I'd like to see a bpm counter built into GW.
Stiiv
PeachGirl

Post by PeachGirl »

No, I didn't attend catholic school, but the school I went to really enforced correct spelling as well as proper punctuation. I guess you could kind of say I cringe whenever I see incorrect stuff like this, especially in this case where everything else just seems to flow (like all the other words having capital letters). I know it sorta seems stupid, but I have always been like that. Like I said, if it's corrected, I'd be very happy. :D And if it is corrected, I can always say and tell others, "Hey, that was my doing, I helped make a change to the program" (even if they look at me weird). :D

Thanks!

Also, I think a bpm counter would be awesome for GoldWave. Any thoughts on that Chris?
Last edited by PeachGirl on Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OKCBoy

Post by OKCBoy »

PeachGirl wrote:Like I said, if its corrected, I'd be very happy.
Correction:
Like I said, if it's corrected, I'd be very happy. :wink:
PeachGirl

Post by PeachGirl »

OKCBoy wrote: Correction:
Like I said, if it's corrected, I'd be very happy. :wink:
Somehow, I knew somebody would look very thoroughly at that message, looking for any little punctuaction error. :P
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The 'r' will be fixed.

I'd like to see a BPM counter in GoldWave too, but creating an automatic one that works well for all kinds of music is far from trivial. Would a simple, manual "mouse tapping" one (implemented as a visual plug-in) be of any use?

Chris
PeachGirl

Post by PeachGirl »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:The 'r' will be fixed.

Would a simple, manual "mouse tapping" one (implemented as a visual plug-in) be of any use?

Chris
Thanks Chris for fixing it. Thats probably the weirdest request you've ever had (and most likely will have, unless I find another :P ).

I would definitely be happy with a "mouse tapping" BPM counter. Right now, its definitely better than nothing. Maybe down the line, an automatic one will come; but for now I'll be very satisfied with that. I'm sure others would be too.

Would this plug-in be something that would be included/available in the next update? Just how you said the quote above sort of sounded like you have it available, or have been fiddling around with the idea. Just curious. :wink:
Last edited by PeachGirl on Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:The 'r' will be fixed.

I'd like to see a BPM counter in GoldWave too, but creating an automatic one that works well for all kinds of music is far from trivial. Would a simple, manual "mouse tapping" one (implemented as a visual plug-in) be of any use?

Chris
Well, I know I'd also be satisfied with that. I think that would be great addition Chris, even if it's manual. Besides sometimes the automatic ones can be off a bit. As PeachGirl said, "Maybe down the line", we'll see an automatic one, which might be a little more convienent. But I know I'll be happy with the manual one.

If the feature is implemented, that would probably eliminate the use of my other editor. Cause the only thing I really used it for anymore was the counting the BPM. And I know that would make me and my hard drive happy (as I'll get rid of that more expensive and only good for one feature editor). :wink:

Glad to see your "r" will be fixed PeachGirl :D

Sarge
piano nick

Post by piano nick »

PeachGirl:

My pet peeve is the spelling of definitely. Note that it DOES NOT have an "a" in it.

I see it all the time on another forum, but I don't mention it. Actually the spelling over there is pathetic compared to here.

Often, we see apologies from users whose native language is not English - I see no need for them to feel uncomfortable because it is quite likely that our usage of their language is non-existent.

I was fortunate for having the same teacher in grades seven and eight - he was a bearcat for spelling, punctuation, and grammar, so I feel the same way you do about it.

However, you will have to put up with my peculiar spelling of "favour", because north of 49 we use the British spelling for words like neighbour, flavour, harbour, and others.

Piano Nick

(from my second name as in Saint Nicholas - ha).
PeachGirl

Post by PeachGirl »

Some how I think my spelling will definitely be spell checked (or visually scanned thoroughly) by all users as long as I'm here at the forums. :oops: :o

It's going to become a habit for me to make sure I have everything spelled correctly when I'm here. :D

piano nick wrote:However, you will have to put up with my peculiar spelling of "favour", because north of 49 we use the British spelling for words like neighbour, flavour, harbour, and others.
I also noticed that in GoldWave where Chris spelled color, "colour". But I understand that. That's still proper spelling. :wink:
PeachGirl

Post by PeachGirl »

Chris,

I just am posting this message only because I wanted to know if you saw my message above regarding on what I had to say about the BPM counter?

I've been curious the past few days here if this plugin for the BPM that you speak of might be available around the next release, or anytime soon. Any ideas? If so, that would be just peachy! :D
PeachGirl

Post by PeachGirl »

Chris, also if I may ask for one more request, that was in version 4, but not in version 5. That would be the use of removing the Status Bar at the bottom. Sometimes I got a bunch of windows opened at one time (sometimes 6), I like to get as much room as possible on the screen at a time. That little extra room would help me out a lot, giving that I don't have a huge monitor. and You could put the feature under the toolbar options or something.

Also I just wanted to ask, will those "Save All" and "Close All" buttons that were mentioned earlier in this thread, will those be included in 5.11?

I can't wait for the release, I'm too excited (as I'm sure all of you have noticed). :D

Note: Edited to fix my spelling mistakes, and Sarge I like your new avatar. :D
Last edited by PeachGirl on Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
piano nick

Post by piano nick »

Chris:

On another forum (PG Music) the forum recently introduced PM's and I found them to be useful when discussing a topic that was only of interest to the two persons discussing it.

Perhaps this will come soon?

PN
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

I would also like to see private messages enabled as well. I was going to ask this a while back why they weren't enabled. If they were I think it would help eliminate a few posts which are off topic of GoldWave.

PeachGirl wrote:... and Sarge I like your new avatar. :D
Thanks! :wink:

Sarge
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

I would be willing to accept a lower case "r" if we could have a proper de-esser built in to the finest digital editor available for us mere mortals.

I use Goldwave to process voice (mostly), and the de-esser would be wonderfully helpul. As it is, I have to go through a file, and laboriously select each offending "ssSSSss" and cut it by around 3db.

I realize some software de-essers are not all that well executed, but I have every confidence that Chris is up to the challenge!