Multiple Audio sources

VideoMeld discussions and community help
jmucchiell

Multiple Audio sources

Post by jmucchiell »

With screen capture, is there any way to capture both the sound generated by the computer program being captured and from an external microphone such that the two audio sources end up as separate audio channels in VideoMeld?
2leftfeet

Re: Multiple Audio sources

Post by 2leftfeet »

What you can do is to save the screen capture and then open it in Videomeld. Open a new track (Ctrl+insert). Go to the "Record" drop down menu and select "Audio" and the input source EG. microphone. Playback is as normal. The help file will guide you here. When you play the screen capture you should be able to record the mike input at the same time. I hope this will give you something to work with. By the way, you should go to "audio section settings" and click on the "decode Audio To Wave File" and use this wavefile in place of the original one. Won't go into why but just do it 8) I hope that this will help you, this is just what I have had to do. Keep happy.
jmucchiell

Post by jmucchiell »

This doesn't accomplish what I want. I want a video AND audio source to be recorded via capture AND a separate audio coming from the microphone to be recorded AT THE SAME TIME. Something is happening within the computer that is captured as audio and video. At the same time, the microphone is recording an external source (me talking). And then later I can edit the talking without losing the original audio from the video source.

"Saving the screen capture" means I can't record what was said live while the capture was happening. This is key. I already know how to add a second audio track to a video. I want to capture two audio and one video source simultaneously.

But thanks for answering.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You'll need to turn on the "Listen" feature for the microphone in the Windows settings. If you don't have GoldWave, Windows 10 makes that setting a bit more difficult to find, but it may be under "Additional settings" for the device. You can then record the LOOPBACK source and that will capture both the computer audio and the microphone audio.
jmucchiell

Post by jmucchiell »

But will it record them on separate audio tracks? That's what I'm looking for.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Unfortunately the Screen Recorder does not support recording multiple sources. You could use two Audio Recorders to record multiple sources (if supported by your audio hardware). After recording you may have to manually align the recordings to get them in sync.