Freezes & lags .....since ever...

VideoMeld discussions and community help
wilfriedd

Freezes & lags .....since ever...

Post by wilfriedd »

Hello ,

I'm wilfriedd, i bought a Videomeld copy 2 years ago , and it seems that i've continuously the same errors, even after the lot of updates...

In general, Playback is normal in audio , quality of video is good also, but the video itself is so slow , even when i choose the lowest qualities ...It freezes each second , and i can't do anything.

I got an i7, 4 ghz , and an Nivida video graphics gtx 800, with 16 go Ram... So i dont get , it, i 've also win 7 64..

Can someone explain what"s wrong , because i can't do Anything like i said.....
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Freezes & lags .....since ever...

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Always store video files on your main or fastest hard drive. Do not load files from a network drive, memory stick, USB flash drive, or any external source. Copy them to the hard drive first.

Some video files contain no seek information, variable audio bitrates, or very low keyframe rates. Such files are inherently slow to preview and cannot be edited accurately. The files have to be converted or preprocessed to make them usable in VideoMeld. One way to preprocess a file is to add it to a new VideoMeld project, meld to a video file (VideoMeld adds seek data and a higher keyframe rate), then use that file for all future editing.