Multiquence Vs. Windows Movie Maker

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
hjohnso2

Multiquence Vs. Windows Movie Maker

Post by hjohnso2 »

Hi,

I just discovered Multiquence today and I have recently been using Windows Movie Maker for a project I am working on for a digital movie.
I am new to Windows Movie Maker also so I am really not biased or all that skilled.

What I would like to know, and this may be hard, can I have an honest comparison of why use MultiQuence over Movie Maker? I am at the beginning of my project so now is the time I should consider switching if needed. I have been impressed with Movie Maker so far but I have nothing to compare it to with no other experience. Its been able to import all the file I have wanted and I have been able to modify ( clip and add effects ) to my satisfaction. I have had sometimes where movie maker seemed to freeze up on me which concerens me as I am 10 minutes into a movie that may be 120 minutes long!

What I find lacking about Movie Maker so far is the sound editing but I tried out GoldWave today and its brilliant in my opinion. Coupling GoldWave with Windows Movie Maker would seem to do everything I want.

Any input out there on this? I really appreciate it..especially from users who have used both.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Multiquence Vs. Windows Movie Maker

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

One thing that Multiquence allows over other similar programs is the ability to combine an unlimited number of video tracks as well as audio tracks. You can have many layers of video for picture-in-picture, logos, and other forms of compositing. Windows Movie Maker supports a very limited number of video formats for exporting/saving as well.

Chris
hjohnso2

Post by hjohnso2 »

Hi,

Do you mean to say that with windows movie maker, there is a limit to how many video clips you can link together in one over all movie and mutiquence has no such limit?

In other words..lets say my movie is two hours long and within that..i'll have 100 individual clips but movie maker only allows you to insert 80 for example? Is that what you meant? Thanks for the explanation in advance!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

What I mean is that Multiquence can have many layers of video, such as several videos playing simultaneously with multiple captions, images, etc.

Windows Movie Maker has only one video track, one audio track, and one title overlay track. Multiquence can have any number of tracks for audio, video, captions, and images so that many layers of files can be combined to play at the same time.

Chris