Does MULTIQUENCE let you...

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
DAOQ

Does MULTIQUENCE let you...

Post by DAOQ »

Play 2 videos at the same time and make the foreground video transparent so you can see the background Video through it ?

MULTIQUENCE looks like a nice program, but, I need to be able to put a video that is say about 50% Transparent on top of a video that is opaque and I can't seem to find that option in the demo version of the program. I did find something about defining a transparent color but, I could not get the other video to show through the parts that were made transparent.

What I am trying to be able to do is shoot some video with a camera of the background, then shoot it again with the background and people in the foreground, then put them on top of each other so the person looks like a ghost. (You can see through him.)

If this feature is not present will you add it in a future version?

I would like to be able to tell it how opaque or transparent each layer of the video is and then save the result to a video file.

David.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Does MULTIQUENCE let you...

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Multiquence can do that. You'd set up two tracks with a video in each track. Put the video you want to be semi-transparent in the second track. Select that video section and use the Effect | Set fade | All 50% command or use the Effect | Fade graph command to set the fade graph manually (to make the "ghosts" fade in and out).

Chris
DAOQ

Thanks !

Post by DAOQ »

Thanks !

I just wasn't looking in the right place. I was thinking fade was just for fading out only I didn't think about using it for transparent sections.

David.