VOB files

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
jdeligiannis

VOB files

Post by jdeligiannis »

I have some DVD-Rs that contain footage. When I insert them into my DVD-ROM Drive, the actual video files on the DVD-R are VOB. They can be played with Windows Media Player.

Can Multiquence play VOB files? I want to pull these off my DVD-Rs and onto my desktop, edit them, and then save them as an AVI or MPG file. Can this be done?

If this cannot be done as default, is there any way I can upgrade my copy of Multiquence, maybe with a plug-in, so that it can be done?

Thanks.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: VOB files

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Multiquence does not support VOB files. The VOB decoders usually have some form of copy protection that prevents Multiquence from accessing the video frames. You'd need to use separate DVD copying/conversion software to convert the files to an AVI or WMV file.

Chis
Mo

Post by Mo »

Hi,

Chris is correct as far as Hollywood DVD's go...they have various software protection systems to stop people from being able to just copy the VOB files, etc.

However, if you are talking about your own DVD's (or a DVD that is not copy protected), then you can simply copy the VOB files to your Hard Drive and you will be able to put them on the Multiquence tracks. I just tried it right now with my Daughter's birthday DVD, and I got video and audio coming through just fine. In fact, I only had one track in Multiquence, but when I opened the VOB file, Multiquence automatically created Track 2 and inserted the audio into it.

BTW...you have to choose "ALL FILES" in the "Files As Type" selector because by default Multiquence does not show you VOB files as a choice.

-Mo