Multiquence EQ

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
Jayzuz

Multiquence EQ

Post by Jayzuz »

Hello,

I have been recording with multiquence since version 1 (when you couldn't time stamp samples) and I have pretty much mastered everything except for the EQ. I would like to have my vocals come out sounding a little more 'sepparated' from the rest of the music and a friend of a friend who works with sounds told me to put the vocals on a different frequency, and this is where I'm stuck! I have the multiquence EQ open and I have been messing around with the Hz settings on the Equalizer but no luck.... www.myspace.com/in2it if you wanna listen to what it sounds like now without any eq'ing goin on.

Peace \ /
Jay
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Multiquence EQ

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

What do you mean by more "separated"? If you want the vocals to be louder than the music, change the track volume to lower the music or raise the vocals.

If you want some stereo separation, one thing you can try is to have a copy of the vocals in two tracks. In one track set the vocals to play on the right channel and in the other track set them to play on the left channel. You can then add an Equalizer effect to each copy, but set slightly different settings for each copy.

Note that the music and vocals must be in separate files and tracks for the above suggestions to work. If the music and vocals are already mixed into a single file, then your options are much more limited.

Chris
Jayzuz

Post by Jayzuz »

I guess i'm thinking a little too advanced for multiquence... I'm getting into the actual frequency settings, messing around with the Hz levels on the EQ, I thought someone out there might have experience with this but I will have to look elsewhere. Thanks anyways.
OKCBoy

Post by OKCBoy »

Jayzuz wrote:I guess i'm thinking a little too advanced for multiquence...
I woudn't necessarily think so. MQ can make use of plug-ins also, if you're not satisfied with the built-in EQ. Check out this site for some decent effects (they're all VST, so you'll need a DirectX wrapper for VST), or Google "DirectX Plug-ins".
There's plenty o' functionality there.

Good luck!